Saturday, August 20, 2011

Shutter Sisters: My Superpower

Ray of Light Farm - East Haddam, Connecticut

No, my superpower is not that I can turn myself into a friendly farm goat at the first hint of trouble.

It's that photography has given me the power to surprise myself. Normally I go out of my way to avoid surprises - I wrap my own Christmas gifts, for example. But through photography, my subjects are able to relate to me in a way I might not have imagined even when I was standing right there in front of them. And like any good superpower, this element of surprise has mostly positive results: hope, imagination, and the desire to take a thousand photos in a single session.

Check out Alex's post at Shutter Sisters.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine, thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave your kind comment. I really appreciate it. I like your superpower of surprising yourself! It was a great post discussion topic. My friend directed me to Shutter Sisters last week and I've really been enjoying their thought provoking and community building posts. I wish you a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...