Friday, September 9, 2011

Back to School, Back in Power

On Monday, our power finally came back on - after eight days off! I was lucky to be able to tag along to my husband's classroom before school started on Tuesday, just to get a break from the lack of light and running water. I even fit in a little bit of scrapping with this cute "shirt" project. I used my Silhouette SD to cut the Polaroid camera and an EK Success punch for the flower bunch. Doesn't he look thrilled?


His colleague, the art teacher, stopped by and remarked on the arms and hands, which I just drew once and cut out. I know myself - on something tough like hands, I am always better off doing it quickly and only once. The teacher brought up these wonderful videos of Picasso painting on glass, which were taken in the 1950s. On some images, he works quickly and without editing; on others, he reworks whole sections over hours of time. Sometimes, reworking is just part of the process!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shirt! Really cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little shirt was so cute!! Found you from the blog post at Scrapbook.com, following you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...